Institute for Competitiveness – Mint Strategy awards ten leading enterprises of India across different industry categories
Monday, September 29, 2014 6:15PM IST (12:45PM GMT)
- The awards annually recognize and honor the best companies operating in India annually
- Organized by Institute for Competitiveness and their strategic partner, Mint
- They illumine the forces at work that demonstrate Indian firms’ competitiveness
- These companies not only standout in their respective industry but also equally contribute towards the prosperity of the country.
The third edition of Institute for Competitiveness – Mint Strategy Awards was held on September 26, 2014 at Radisson Blu Plaza in New Delhi. The central idea behind the awards is to propel companies to compete on the basis of value creation, innovation and strategy. Organizations who are operating in India and have shown exemplary strategic acumen over a period of time via their activities were considered and assessed on a robust framework. The business models of organizations were evaluated in terms of competitive advantage, competitiveness and sustainability across their respective industry and the winning companies were celebrated.
The winners of the IFC-Mint Strategy awards 2014 are:
- National Insurance received the award in the category of ‘Finance, Banking and Insurance’
- Abbott India received the award in the category of ‘Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals’
- Operation Asha received the award in the category of ‘Social Assistance’
- Adani Wilmar received the award in the category of ‘Food and Beverage’
- CESC received the award in the category of ‘Utilities, Gas, Water an Power’
- DHL received the award in the category of ‘Transportation and Logistics’
- Zicom received the award in the category of ‘Computers and Electrical Appliances’
- Sobha Developers received the award in the category of ‘Construction and Real Estate’
- Ramboll received the award in the category of ‘Engineering Services’
- Mahindra First Choice Wheels received the award in the category of ‘Information and Media’
Awards were preceded by two though provoking panels. The panel on ‘Economics, Social Progress & Creating Shared Value’ discussed the importance of shared value in today’s society. The panelists came to the conclusion that it is vital to understand the concept of creating shared value as it enhances the organizations ability to communicate and contribute towards its community. Likewise, the panelist of ‘Strategy & Competitive Advantage’ talked about the strategic approach, which they follow, in their respective enterprises and how it has helped them in the long run.
Some of the panelists who were part of the discussions were Ajay Vir Jakhar (Chairman, Bhartiya Krishak Samaj), Shelly Batra (Co-Founder and President, Operation Asha), R S Subramanian (Senior Vice President & MD, DHL express India), Rakesh Amol (President- Infrastructure, KEC International), Rehan A Khan (Managing Director and Executive Director, Abbott India), CVL Srinivas (CEO, GroupM South Asia), CP Gurnani (MD and CEO, Tech Mahindra) and Vipul Shah (President, CEO and Chairman, Dow Chemical International Pvt. Ltd.)
Dr. Amit Kapoor, Institute for Competitiveness stated, “It was an exciting feeling and a great privilege to announce the winners of the 2014 edition of the IFC-Mint Strategy Awards that have been at the forefront of recognizing corporate leadership and have awarded enterprises that have not just done well for themselves in terms of their strategic foresight but have also made a broader impact on society and have fundamentally altered the way in which corporate strategy is envisaged and implemented.”
Industry leaders, thinkers, civil society leaders and senior executives from the corporates world attended the event.
To know more about the IFC-Mint Strategy Awards 2014 winners, visit http://www.porterprize.in/strategy-awards-2014/
About Institute for Competitiveness
Institute for Competitiveness, India is an independent, international initiative centered in India, dedicated to enlarging and disseminating the body of research and knowledge on competition and strategy, pioneered over the last 25 years by Professor M.E. Porter of the Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness, Harvard Business School (ISC, HBS), USA. Institute for Competitiveness, India works in affiliation with ISC, HBS, USA to offer academic & executive courses, conduct indigenous research and provide advisory services to corporate and Government within the country. The institute studies competition and its implications for company strategy; the competitiveness of nations, regions & cities; suggests and provides solutions for social problems, Institute for Competitiveness, India brings out India City Competitiveness Report, India State Competitiveness Report, India Economic Quarterly, Journal of Competitiveness and funds academic research in the area of strategy & competitiveness. For more information, visit www.competitiveness.in
Media Contact Details
Institute for Competitiveness
+91-9810473213 or firstname.lastname@example.org