India Sustainability Conclave 2019 is an interesting brainstorming platform with knowledge, networking and capacity building as additional take-away to address key issues of sustainability for businesses including:
- Presenting national and international best practices and case studies
- Recommending policy directives that will create an enabling environment for companies to engage in sustainability and helping create a market for sustainability
- Providing a platform to engage with relevant stakeholders in the area of sustainability while building their capacities on emerging sustainability issues
The sixth ISC would deepen the discussions on areas Role of Corporates towards Sustainable Development Goals; Sustainability Reporting Framework; Supply Chain Sustainability; importance of linking sustainability to companies’ financial decisions; Green Procurement and Resource Use Efficiency.
Dr. Amit Kapoor was a key speaker at the The Sixth Edition of India Sustainability Conclave on November 5 – 6, 2019 in FICCI, Federation House, Tansen Marg, New Delhi. India Sustainability Conclave has always endeavoured to highlight the direction that corporates have taken to reach their sustainability goals. The Conclave in the previous years has focused on the changing paradigm of businesses towards integration of sustainability oriented goals. This year conclave will focus on following important dimensions:
- Importance of corporate sustainability in the context of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Environmental concerns and threats are increasingly becoming a risk to business continuity
- Embedding sustainability in corporate goals and strategies is becoming an imperative for companies to build their business resilience.
The detailed agenda is available here.