- This event has passed.
May 24 @ 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Porter Prize is named after Michael E. Porter, an economist, researcher, author, advisor, speaker and teacher. Throughout his career at Harvard Business School, he has brought economic theory and strategy concepts to bear on many of the most challenging problems facing corporations, economies and societies, including market competition and company strategy, economic development, the environment and health care. His research has received numerous awards, and he is the most cited scholar today in economics and business. His research has received numerous awards, and he is the most cited scholar today in economics and business. While Dr. Porter is, at the core, a scholar, his work has also achieved remarkable acceptance by practitioners across multiple fields.
08:00 AM – 9:00 AM: Registration for #PorterPrize
9:00 AM – 9:05 AM: Introduction by Amit Kapoor, Chairman, Institute for Competitiveness
9:05 AM – 9:15 AM: Keynote by Wilfried Aulbur, Managing Partner, Roland Berger Private Limited
9:15 AM – 9:20 AM: Introduction of Prof. Porter by Amit Kapoor, Chairman, Institute for Competitiveness
9:20 AM – 10:20 AM: Keynote by Michael E. Porter on “Strategy”
10:20 AM – 10:40 AM: Q & A with Michael E. Porter with Sanjiv Puri, CEO & Executive Director, ITC Ltd. (Fireside Chat)
10:40 AM – 11:00 AM: Audience Interaction
11:00 AM – 11:40 AM: Panel Discussion: Strategy- The idea of efficiency, tradeoff, positioning and fit
To understand issues pertaining to offensive and defensive action, how entrepreneurs find unique value and drive change within the industry, how trade offs define consistency in a strategy and how fit defines competitive advantage with choices.
- Mohit Malhotra, MD & CEO, Godrej properties
- Umesh Revankar, CEO & MD, Sriram Transport Company Ltd
- Rajesh Jejurikar, President – Farm Equipment Sector & Member of the Group Executive Board, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Kavinder Singh, MD & CEO, Mahindra Holidays & Resort India Ltd. Member of Group Executive Board, President of Leisure & Hospitality Sector Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Himanshu Jain, MD & VP Southeast Asia & Indian subcontinent, Sealed Air
Moderated by Anurag Batra, Chairman, BW Businessworld
11:40 AM – 11:50 AM: Keynote by Rakesh Sarna, Managing Director & CEO, Indian Hotels Company
11:50 AM – 12:00 PM: Keynote by MK Anand, MD & CEO, Times Network
12:00 – 12:30: Keynote by Michael E. Porter on “Introducing the concept of Shared Value”
12:30 PM – 12:45 PM: Michael Porter in conversation with Wilfried Aulbur, Managing Partner, Roland Berger Pvt. Ltd.
12:45 PM – 1:25 PM: Panel Discussion: The next realm of strategy: Creating Shared Value
Building a clear understanding of shared value, how is the concept beyond corporate social responsibility, enhances the organizations ability to contribute to communities and enhancing social conditions by reconceiving products & markets and redefining productivity in the value chain.
- Annaswamy Vaidheesh, VP, South Asia & Managing Director, India, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Dr. Rajiv Kumar Gupta, Managing Director, GNFC
- Dr. Ajay Bakshi, Managing Director & CEO, Manipal Hospitals (MHEPL)Himanshu Jain, MD/VP – South East Asia & Indian Sub-continent, Sealed Air
- Sateesh Kumar, Managing Director – Asia & LatAm operations, d.light Energy
Moderated by Sonali Krishna, Anchor & Editor, Brand Equity
1:25 PM – 1:55 PM: Lecture by Prof. Porter on “Porter on Progress”
1:55 PM – 2:10 PM: Q & A with Michael Green
2:10 PM – 2:25 PM: Interaction with the audience
2:25 PM – 2:45 PM: #PorterPrize ceremony
2:45 PM – 2:55 PM: Congratulating the recipients of #PorterPrize 2107 by Michael Porter
2:55 PM – 3:00 PM: Closing Remarks by Amit Kapoor, Chair, Institute for Competitiveness
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Networking Lunch
Block your seat
Industry Association Partner
Strategy Audit Partner