Global Health Delivery Page
A joint project of Harvard Business School’s Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness, Harvard Medical School’s Department of Global Health and Social Medicine, and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital Department of Global Health Equity, it aims to improve health among disadvantaged populations worldwide by systematising the study of global health delivery and rapidly disseminating knowledge to practitioners.
Global Health Delivery is a course administered by Institute for Competitiveness that helps to understand the real time issues of healthcare delivery and deals with the practical solutions for the same at the front lines of healthcare delivery. It reduces the gap between the problem, its solution and its implementation in the healthcare delivery. The program is supported by Johnson & Johnson.
The course is specially designed for the Indian milieu by taking into consideration case studies etc. from Indian context but with a touch of an international approach so that the participants are able to get a balanced exposure of the global healthcare delivery.
- It will provide a deeper hold on how front-line healthcare enterprises and the low-income communities can benefit from field-tested approaches that are discovered by business management and system science.
- Focus on business models that will help to gain knowledge pertaining to the apt operations, strategy required and design structure required to deliver the needed healthcare in resource-limited environment.
- The course will be an interactive platform wherein the participants will get an opportunity to deal and understand some actual problems beyond the boundaries of the classroom.
The course will be conducted in association with the Global Health Delivery Online (GHDonline), a product of the Global Health Delivery Project whose founding collaborators are Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women’s Hospital. A look at it www.ghdonline.org
Similar course is that are offered across the globe are
- Global Health at MIT
- Global Health Delivery Lab
- The Global Health Delivery Project at Harvard University
||Who should take?
Professor Amit Kapoor sharing his views on the Global Health Delivery Project at Harvard University