Dr. Christian Ketels
- Principal Associate, Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness, Harvard Business School
- Senior Research Fellow, Stockholm School of Economics
- Director, The Competitiveness Institute
Dr. Ketels holds a PhD (Economics) from the London School of Economics and further degrees from the Kiel Institute for World Economics and Cologne University. He has led cluster and competitiveness projects in many parts of the world, written widely on economic policy issues, and is a frequent speaker on competitiveness and strategy in Europe, North America and Asia.
He currently serves on the advisory boards of The Baltic Development Forum, the Center for Strategy and Competitiveness at the Universidad de los Andes, The ORKESTRA-Basque Competitiveness Institute and Invest in Sweden Agency. Dr. Ketels is a special advisor to the Asia Competitiveness Institute, a member of the selection committee for the Spitzencluster-Initiative launched by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (Germany), and is a member of the European Commission’s European Cluster Policy Group.
- MD, Dynamic Results India
With almost 21 years of experience as a professional manager in industries as diverse as consumer products, hospitality and information technology, Christopher has worked as the business head with leading multinational companies like Coats Viyella, Eveready Battery Company Inc, Bausch & Lomb, Hilton Hotels and IBM. His last assignment was as the Country Manager, India with the Economist Intelligence Unit. His current job involves working with clients in supporting them in their strategic planning and strategy execution, and in helping them achieve their growth plans through performance enhancement at the organizational and individual levels.
Dr. G. Balaji
- Senior Director, Talent Development, Fidelity Business Services India
Before joining Fidelity, Dr. Balaji worked with Bharti Airtel as Vice President, Learning and Development. He has also been active in the IT field with assignments such as the training manager at Intel Technologies India and the Principal Consultant at Satyam Computer Services.
- CEO, Cluster Navigators, New Zealand
- Founder and Past President, The Competitiveness Institute
- Member, Advisory Board, The Competitiveness Institute
- Board of Advisors, Pan African Competitiveness Forum
Ifor is recognized globally as a leader in the development of clusters—from training economic development professionals in the process of cluster development, the start up and review of clusters, innovation and competitiveness programs to establishing local cluster development initiatives and leading cluster workshops.
His global client base includes World Bank, OECD, UNIDO, Commonwealth Secretariat, Swedish Aid Program (Sida/SAREC), US Aid and New Zealand Aid. He also serves national, regional and local economic development agencies in over 40 countries.
His specialties are introducing the relevance of cluster-based economic development and presenting interactive cluster training workshops. He is a frequent presenter at competitiveness and economic development conferences. He has served as the New Zealand Vice President at the Australia New Zealand Regional Science Association International (ANZRSA).
Dr. Ram S. Jakhu
- Member, Global Agenda Council on Space Security, World Economic Forum
- Managing Editor, Space Regulations Library Series
- Member, Editorial Boards, Annals of Air and Space Law
- Member, Advisor Group of Legal Experts on Optional Rules for Arbitration of Disputes Relating to Outer Space, Permanent Court of Arbitration
- Board member, International Institute of Space Law
- Chairman, Legal and Regulatory Committee, International Association for theAdvancement of Space Safety
- Associate Director, Centre for Research in Air and Space Law, McGill University
Ram teaches and conducts research in international space law, law of space applications, law of space commercialization, government regulation of space activities, law of telecommunications, Canadian communications law and public international law.
- Executive Managing Director, South Asia, Cushman & Wakefield
Sanjay overlooks C&W’s operations in South Asia, including New Zealand and Australia. As part of the senior Asia leadership team, he plays an important role in increasing the company’s market share within the region and is responsible for assessing expansion opportunities in other emerging markets; thereby enabling integrated service reach and widened delivery to clients.
Sanjay continues to focus on the expansion of the highly successful India operations by way of both organic- and acquisitions-led growth, and evaluates opportunities enhancing service delivery capabilities and reach.
- Anoop Prakash is the Managing Director for Harley-Davidson India, where he is responsible for sales, business development and marketing for motorcycles, Parts & Accessories, and General Merchandise.
Prakash formerly served as a Senior Executive Service appointee in the administration of former President George W. Bush. He served as Deputy Chief of staff at the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development, and has worked as Associate Administrator for Entrepreneurial Development at the U.S. Small Business Administration. Prakash has actively participated in U.S.-India trade promotion as a vehicle for U.S. and India economic development and growth.
Prakash previously held senior private sector roles in strategy, marketing, and business development, including Vice President of Strategy & Business Development at LexisNexis, Director of Business Development at Siebel Systems (acquired by Oracle Corporation), and consultant at McKinsey & Company.
A former U.S. Marine Corps Officer, Prakash holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and Public Policy from Standford University, and an MBA from Harvard Business School. Prakash has served on several non-profit boards in Washington D.C., including the Indian American Leadership Initiative and Brainfood.